tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 29 14:11:42 2002

Re: Help with a short beginner's class in Klingon?

In a message dated 5/25/2002 10:20:50 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Last month at a convention I gave a class; designed for those klingon
> trekkies out there roaming the conventions.

House Kral also puts on a Klingon 101 class at the Denver, Colorado
conventions just for trekkies who have heard of a guttural language but have
no idea how to speak it.  This class appears to be just for fun and not for
people who are serious about actually learning the language.  It consists
basically of the phrases in TKD between the main section and the addendum.
The person reading the phrases does have very good pronunciation.  The house
has honorably developed overhead projections so the audience can see the
phrases on a huge silver screen.  The class has been so successful that at
the last Con there were several hundred attendees.  The class has even been
moved to Saturday morning as an hour-and-a-half introduction to the day's
speakers in the Main Auditorium.

Qapla',  peHruS

Back to archive top level