tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 18 00:02:21 2002

RE: Hello

> I'm very new at this. I don't know any Klingon yet but am really
> wanting to learn. As is my fiance.

Welcome to the list.  I am DloraH; currently serving as the list's
Beginners' Grammarian.  It's my job to help the new students of klingon.  If
you include KLBC at the beginning of your subject line, it will flag the
message:  Everyone knows it's from/for a beginner; and it let's everyone
know that the BG (Beginners' Grammarian) is the first to reply on language
issues.

> What I have been trying to find anywhere and
> everywhere though is how to write in Klingon the word Par'ma'kai.
> It's not listed anywhere that i can find.

Do you have "Klingon for the Galactic Traveler" (KGT)?  The word you're
looking for is in there.  parmaqqay

For a complete vocabulary list you need "The Klingon Dictionary" (TKD),
"Klingon for the Galactic Traveler" (KGT), and the "New Words List" which is
available at the KLI's website ( /tlh/newwords.html ).
Don't forget about the Addendum at the back of the dictionary; that makes
four places you would need to search for words.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level