tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 13 18:17:13 2002

Re: KLBC: Higher numbers

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>
> I think Maltz is playing a practical joke on Okrand.
[--snipped--]  That's not linguistics, that's physics.
> Yes, I don't usually convert between centimeters
> and kilometers, but I CAN.  I can also convert
> between inches and miles.  And we CAN express
> fractional distances in Klingon, at a variety of scales.

Just a comment but although I agree any linear measure must be able to
convert into another and you quote cm to M and inches to miles but I would
imagine that most people if given inches would convert to Miles rather than
Kilometers.

Perhaps that's what he means (joke or not) that one is from a different
measure system than the other and Klingons just don't compare the two.

[--snipped--]

> SuStel

qe'San

Back to archive top level