tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 04 05:08:22 2002

Re: charghwI' tlhoghtay

jIjatlh:

>charghwI', SaHoy' SoH be'nallI' je.

I sent this last night shortly before going to bed.  ABout an hour and a
half ago, I woke up unexpectedly.  As I lay in bed unsuccessfully trying to
<<charghwI', SaHoy'>>, but I thought it was odd to address a single perosn
but use a plural prefix, so I add a clarification.  Apparently, my tired
brain stuck it on the right side because there was already a noun on the
left side.  It should be:

charghwI', SoH be'nallI' je SaHoy'.

Or, since it was an afterthought anyway:

charghwI', SaHoy' (SoH be'nallI' je).

At least one good thing has come out of not being able to go back to sleep:
I was able to correct myself and at least save a little face (unless someone
posts as I write this).

-Sangqar