tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 24 11:14:03 2002

Re: yajmeH

> ... But how can you
> (generic you) decide that your current level of comprehension of tlhIngan
>  Hol is the same as that of native speakers and therefore sufficient? It's a
> little presumptuous.

Remember than the Empiror determines the current dialect. Similarly, I'm sure
that he determines issues such as this. As such, Okrand has essentially become
our de facto empiror of the language. I ran into this recently when I
remembered Okrand suggesting a functional limit to the comparative construction
at one time, then exceeding that limit in canon later.

> --
> Andrew Strader

Will

Back to archive top level