tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 09 10:54:10 2002

Re: mobwI'

lab Elizabeth Chin :

 > got i want to learn it as ab lauguge. I have and qustion how do i get
that e-mail > adress [email protected] ?

The way to get an @kli.org address is to join the Klingon Language
Institute and then render some particular service to the organization such
that you either need the address to carry out your duties, or the KLI
officers see fit to reward you for your service with an address.

 > Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
 > > ja' Elizabeth chin :
 > > OK mmmm U see I not a big fan i Just want to be ungiuce at my school
so > > no one would what i talking about I go on e-bay and look up Klingon
 > > laugage books.

This may sound unnecessarily picky to you, but bear with me for a
moment.  In Klingon, the correct spelling, capitalization and grammar are
very important, often crucial to understanding, because Klingon is a very
condensed language. As a first step to learning Klingon, and as a way of
getting people here to take you more seriously, consider taking that care
with your English spelling, capitalization and grammar.

Many KLI members are not big fans of Star Trek, so that's not a
requirement.  Learning Klingon takes some effort, though.  You have to
learn new concepts and memorize words and endings.  If you're willing to do
that, then buy The Klingon Dictionary -- it's about $12 US new I think --
and then as you read it, come here and ask us questions.  If you're not
willing to do that, we can't actually help you much.  There's no "trick" to
learn, just a language.

- Qov 'utlh

Back to archive top level