tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 09 02:28:13 2002

Re: Damn Capitalization

Well, I understand that sporadical captialization can be a nuisance.
But that shouldn't affect your writing after a while. In other words:
get used to it. FYI: since my native language is german, I'd tend to
capitalize many words that aren't in english(or klingon), or, when
writing german, I sometimes forget about capitalizing words.

Beside that, how would you want to change it? The letters used are an
almost perfect representation of what they are supposed to be. Chosing
an "x" for "tlh" or similiar doesn t help anyone.

If you would really change the writing system - what's next?
Eliminating the article("the") because it isn't necessary? After all,
klingon work's without.

Klingon's supposed to be a foreign language - and foreign languages
usually have different phonetics and writing systems. If you're going
to learn german, you'll have to get used to "umlauts"(strange word) too
- you can't replace them through other letters either.