tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 07 22:41:23 2002

chotwI'/mang (was: RE: Ten Commandments)

> >>  nuq Daw'.
> >>  (what revolution?)
> >
> >The suffixes attached tell you I used the verb Daw',
> >"one who really completely revolts"
> >It was the best I could think of for terrorist.
>
> i see. hm. a terrorist would be less terrifying if he finally did a
> revolution (in that case the revolution would be completed). the
> ineffectiveness of terrorists makes them so scary. anyway, a
> terrorist doesn't revolt completely. so it's not a Daw'wI', is he?

KGT p49 says that -chu', when used with some verbs of fighting, implies that
the fight is to the death.  This doesn't work for all fighting verbs, and
looking at it now I don't think it works that way with Daw'; but that's what
I was aiming for; they kill their enemies, and they die doing it.  Hmm, that
might also get the -neS suffix (KGT p49).  Daw'chu'neSwI'.  But I admit this
is not the best choice.

> {anyway}, qatlh, <HeHmoH> <chot> vIQubmo', ghIjwI'pu' vIDaj.
> (why i'm interesting for terrorists due to that i think about kllling
> and murdering?)
> ((anyway, i don't see why my opinion about killing and murdering
> would make me an interesting target for a terrorist. could you
> explain to me?))

I'm guessing you mean HoH, not HeH.

"Why, because I think <cause to kill> <murder>, I be interesting the
terrorists?"

Qub is "think", not "think about".
Your english mentions the word "opinion", for which we have vuD.
"target" DoS.

qatlh ghIjwI'pu' DoS mumojmoH vuDwIj?

Because Daj is a "be" verb, a stative verb, we can probably still put it on
DoS.

qatlh ghIjwI'pu'(vaD) DoS Daj mumojmoH vuDwIj?

Without -vaD, /ghIjwI'pu' DoS/ is a noun-noun for "the terrorists' target".
With -vaD, /ghIjwI'pu'vaD DoS/ is "target for terrorists".

> >  > nuq DaHar SoH?
> >>  (and what's your opinion about this?)
> >
> >See what accompanied my signature.
>
> your signature says that you are an army sergeant.
> is it your opinion to be an army sergeant?

Huh?  I'm not sure what you mean here.

> see that our cultures might differ in this
> point (army sergeant). i need an explanation.

Oh?  neghvaD <chotwI'> luper nughlIj?

> >  > rap'a' SuvwI' mang je?
> >  > (is a warrior and a soldier the same thing?)
> >>
> >>  i think a klingon warrior less dependant on the society than a
> >>  soldier is. (a soldier is always paid, hence the word (at least in
> >>  german the "Sold" is the money that you pay to a soldier), isn't it?)
> >
> >I agree with this here.  But this doesn't mean  chot mang.
>
> vaj rapbe' SuvwI' mang je.
> (so a soldier and a warrior are not the same thing.)

qar.

> vaj, nuq 'oS mang.
> (so what does a soldier do?)

Suv.

> vaj, qatlh HeHmoHwI' chotwI' je rapbe'.
> (so why killing and murdering isn't the same thing?)

Object-Verb-Subject.  What's not being the same?

Why do you have -moH on what I guess is suppose to be HoH?  "cause to kill".

vay' HoHlaH nuv 'ej chotbe'.

> >  > >DloraH, BG  (mangghom bu' je)
> >>
> >>  who else is mangghom bu'?
> >
> >DloraH, Beginners' Grammarian  (and army sergeant)
>
> sorry. i understood "also an army sergeant (like someone else, too)."
> hm, but this would have been "mangghom bu' latlh", wouldn't it?
> couldn't it also mean "army and sergeant"?

It could but it would make much sense, "I am an army and a sergeant".

> >  > qamawneHbe'.
> >  > (no offense.)
> >
> >/neH/ isn't a suffix.
>
> so let's take a suffix!
>
> qamawqangbe'.
> (no offense.)

or:  qamawbe' vIneH
or:  qamaw vIneHbe'

And now vuDwIj.

bIjatlh /rap chotwI' mang je/.
jIjatlh /mang jIH.  nIHoH ghIjwI'pu' chaq 'e' vIchaw'/.
bIjatlh /qatlh muHoH neH ghIjwI'pu'?/.
choyajHa'law'.  DuQanmeH SaHbe'chugh negh, nIHoHlaH ghIjwI'pu'.  qatlh nIHoH
neH ghIjwI'pu'?  meqchaj vISovbe'.  Hoch HoH neH ghIjwI'pu'.  Qe'Daq
bISaHchugh SoH, nIHoH neH.  DaHjaj ghIjwI'pu' law' lutu'lu'.  jey negh 'e'
nID negh.  jeymeH, chaq ghIjwI'pu' law' HoHnIS negh.  QanmeH 'ej HubmeH
HoHchugh mang (vay' joq), chotbe'.
pupbe' negh.  pupbe' qo'vam.
SuvwI' quv  qo' qaq law'  veS quvHa' qo' qaq puS.
'ach qo'vamDaq qabwI' lutu'lu'.  'ut negh.
chotlaH negh; 'ach chotlaH vay'!  chotlaHtaH mang ghaHbe'bogh vay'!
chotwI' jIHbe'.
wo'DajvaD Suv tlhIngan SuvwI'.
SuvwI' jIH.  wo'wIjvaD jISuv jIH.
chunwI' DIvwI' je wIv Qun.

I'm probably forgetting to mention something in there.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level