tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 01 10:44:50 2002

RE: word-question

lab Yoragh:

>DloraH wrote:
>>  > i'd like to know, how do you say "stalker" in klingon?
>>
>>In what context?  How is it being used?
>
>Depending on the context consider the verbs {tlha'} "chase, follow";
>{ghoch} "track, track down"; {nej} "look for, seek, search for";
>{Sam} "locate, seek, find" and {So'} "hide, conceal".
>
>I suppose {tlha'wI'} "one who chases/follows/pursues" would probably
>be the most general.  Of course, Klingons might well call such a
>person a {wamwI'} "hunter".  <g>  If so, there's a nice proverb from
>The Klingon Way which would then be a double-entendre if you're
>talking about {parmaq}, the Klingon word for "love, romance" but
>"with more aggressive overtones":
>
>   QotDI' gheD tlhejbe' wamwI'
>   The hunter does not lie down with the prey.

the context is a russian film called "stalker". this word is never
clearified, so i can only presume that it's meaning is... well
something like "{tlha'} "chase, follow"; {ghoch} "track, track down";
{nej} "look for, seek, search for"; {Sam} "locate, seek, find" and
{So'} "hide, conceal"". ;)

i've got to think about it for a while.

bye,
stephan,