tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 29 13:17:38 2002

Re: monkey (was: Re: A couple of questions.)

>ghoS refers to the act of moving physically. "Humans coming from monkeys"
>is a completely different version of "come".

"Come from" in this sense is an English idiom; {ghoS} is strictly a verb of
motion in Klingon.

: So how would I change that, if I'm talking about humans evolving from
: monkeys?

Consider verbs like {choH} "alter, change", {moj} "become", {Hach} "be
developed", {'Itlh} "be advanced, highly developed", {lutlh} "be primitive",
etc.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons