tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 27 23:05:15 2002

Re: vocabulary (was: RE: qepHom, qep, qep'a')

Ah, but I don't want anyone to be *eliminated*.  I hate games where you
don't get to play anymore if you're not good enough.  Too much like high
school.  When you reach a level that is a real challenge for you, you can
stay there, and stay in the game.  Perhaps you shouldn't lose letters for
messing up: perhaps instead those who accept the challenge should lose a
letter each time they produce a grammatical sentence that adequately
describes the flashcard.  For many people the entire vocabulary is
challenge enough.

lab T'Anna
LOL.  SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING.  I WOULD BE INTERESTED
IN THIS.  THOUGH I MUST AGREE WITH DloraH I BELIEVE I
WOULD BE ELIMINATED PRETTY QUICKLY, ALSO.
--- TPO <[email protected]> wrote:
 > > Maybe we should have a levelling game sometime
 > where we progressively ban
 > > words and affixes from the vocabulary and try and
 > work around
 > > their lack to describe flashcards.  Beginners get
 > to use the
 > > whole vocabulary, but other
 > > speakers can't use words beginning in a randomly
 > chosen letter.  For the
 > > more advanced, every time you screw up, you lose
 > another letter, until
 > > you've got one letter left and are grunting in
 > clipped Klingon.
 > > That could be funny, giving the beginners a chance
 > to talk rings
 > > around the BGs for once.
 >
 > Oh, I like this.  The individual could pick a
 > Scrabble chip out of the bag;
 > that is the letter he looses.
 >
 > Unfortunately I don't see myself lasting very long.
 >

 > DloraH

Back to archive top level