tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 23 16:22:06 2002

Re: agentive -wI'

ja'pu' [email protected]:
>{baHwI'} is fine. {QomnISlaw'wI'} is not a very good candidate.

qay' nuq?  I don't feel uncomfortable with using whatever suffixes are
appropriate to identify the particular shade of meaning I wish to express.
I could go into much detail about how encountering {-wI'} at the end of a
string of verb suffixes usually doesn't invalidate anything I've already
started to interpret about the word, but the essential truth is that it
just works for me when I read (or hear) it.

ja' SuStel:
>nuq Qub ...uh... ghunchu'wI'?  pongDaj choHnIS'a'?

jaS pongwIj vIwIvta' rut vIneH, 'ach mubepmoHbe' pabDaj.
pongwIj vIghajbogh vIpoltaH.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level