tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 22 13:19:21 2002

Re: Secret information?

Voragh:
> >> Although *{peghmoH} may be grammatically
> >> possible, Klingons may prefer using the verb {buv} instead

peHruS:
> > Meanwhile, it looks like my "feeling" about {buv} is wrong.  I've never
> > told anyone, but I always thought {buv} means "sort," "put into
> > classifications."  Oh well, I've been wrong before.

DloraH:
>This is what I thought of buv as well.

Me too, which is why I mentioned it.  I was surprised to discover that in
light of the BOP poster, I had misunderstood {buv}.

In fact, when people asked what I did at the University of Chicago I
usually told them simply, {paqmey qub vIbuS} "I classify rare books",
meaning that I catalog them.  (Now it sounds like I work for the
CIA!)  Well, I suppose I can still say that {memvaD paqmey qub
vIpoj/vIDel/vigher} "I analyze/describe/compile rare books for the catalog".

Voragh

--
Steven L. Boozer
University of Chicago Library