tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 24 11:32:04 2002

Re: "What is KGT?"

thanks for the head-up on that.  This is on my list of new books for 2003!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steven Boozer
  To: [email protected]
  Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 11:48 AM
  Subject: Re: "What is KGT?"

  Larry Tolson wrote:

  > > Additional Notes:
  > > KGT p. 47.  Any specific "battle" is {may'}, but the concept of battle is
  > > {vIq}, often translated as "battle."
  >
  >what is KGT?  I have the Klingon Dictionary and the two audio tapes from
  >Okrand...and I'm quite new to this serious study of the language, so bear
  >with me please...

  Welcome to the list, Larry.

   From the tlhIngan-Hol FAQ (
  http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/faq.htm#1.3.8 ):

      1.3.8  Klingon for the Galactic Traveler (c.1997)
        The newest book from Marc Okrand.  This book contains detailed
  information on
      Klingon dialects, history, and variation.  It also contains an updated
  Addendum
      to TKD, which makes this book a true necessity for any Klingonist.
      ISBN: 0-671-00995-8

  If your local bookstore doesn't have a copy or can't special order it for
  you, you can buy from the KLI (Klingon Language Institute) by going to
  their Merchant Page ( /stuff/Merchant.html ).  Here's
  their blurb:

     Klingon for the Galactic Traveler: $12
       The newest book by Marc Okrand (ISBN: 0-671-00995-8) is described as the
     essential Klingon language reference for galactic travelers. A necessary
     addition to any Klingonist's collection, it contains many new words as well
     as detailed discussions of Klingon slang, regionalisms, and specialized
     vocabulary. (c.1997)

  --
  Voragh                            "Damage control is easy. Reading
  Klingon--that's

Back to archive top level