tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 16 18:17:07 2002

RE: Aw: Re: adverbials

> the tkd terminology says "you can't say this, because you can't." or
> "you can't say this because 7 is greater than 6." that's no
> explanation. i would like to have an explanation that explains
> instead of saying "correct" and "incorrect". i want to understand the
> grammar, not just immitate it.

Can you explain to me why [i] comes before [e] except after [c]... except in
weird words like... "weird"?

Why is [ph] pronounced [f]?

Well, for that matter, why is english Subject-Verb-Object?

Can you ever really explain why a language is the way it is?

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level