tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 30 04:41:21 2001

Re: Enterprise Time line

Carl bIjatlh:
> The question of the SS Valiant might answered in that it was not a
Earth
> owned ship but maybe one  on a lend/lease program. (possibly)

Nope, records in other documents show that the Valiant was a
Federation flagged vessel. Encounters with the USS Forester, which
was also a Starfleet ship, remained hidden by the Klingons for years
as well. The temporal anomaly in 'Broken Bow' comes from another
source.

Note that there was a chamber that appeared to have temporal
distortions, and that there was mention of anomolous advances in the
biology of the Suliban. Pay attention to Dr. Phloxs' words, not just
the mu'mey jatlhtaH tlhIngan Hol. I believe we're witness to a
conflict that crosses temporal as well as spatial distance.

The Star Trek Chronology [ISBN: 0-671-53610-9], clearly shows that
Klingon-Federation 1st contact was in 2218. The various FASA & Last
Unicorn ST:RPG's (now in the hands of Decipher games: see
http://www.fanmedia.com/startrek/decipher_announcement.asp) all have
close correlation, showing about the same dates. While these are not
Canon sources, they demonstrate that the primary reality plane of the
Star Trek universe share a common timeline. In other words: this
first episode of ENTERPRISE is on a slightly altered timeline.

How they resolve the apparent anomolies will make for exiting
episodes.

> Isn't the type 5 Warp drive unit the Earth's first design that is
solely
> Earth design and construction also. That might also explain the
reason why
> the Vulcan's had no say so in the Enterprise's mission or use,
previous star
> ships the Earth had been using might have been the Vulcan's
property.

More likely they didn't want the early Terran culture to be
overwhelmed by older aggressive interstellar societies. That and they
probably had an early form of the Prime Directive in place, keeping
Terren exposure limited.

The 'Boomers' seemed to have visited over 80 other interstellar
planets during that period. Limits, but not entirely denied access to
the universe. I don't know about you, but I'd like access to at least
a few interstellar civilizations myself. 80 would be sufficient for
at least one generation. I'm sure Cpt. Archers' sense of frustration
was finally justified, by the 2153.

From our other timelines we can see that there may yet be unexpected
problems with travelling faster than Warp 4.5. There will certainly
be a wealth of stories yet to be revealed, just based upon what we do
know of this early period of the Federation.

We haven't yet learned what information Klaang had for the Empire,
and that leads me to think there are more 'Klingon' episodes to come.

I certainly look forward to the return of Andorians, and a closer
look at the early years of the many races of what will become the
interior of the Federation exploration space.

> I see that in the Klingons shown there were some actors who played
Klingons
> in the other shows and movies. Good to see the return, but who ever
did the
> klingon words needs to go back to school. :)

One would hope, if we raise enough Grethor about the poor application
of the language, that Paramount would take advantage of the services
of Dr.s Okrand & Schoen. At the very least, we should let the Actors
know that the KLI is available for support & coaching tlhIngan Hol.

...Unless Berman or Braga really think we want to believe that Qo'noS
is 'currently' run by a galactic version of the Beverly
Hillbillies...

Many of us have hosted or otherwise made personal contact with these
actors. Perhaps it behooves us to approach them individually and let
them know how they'd appear, grossly mangling the words as has been
done too often in the past. I intend to ask every one I know if he or
she would rather be remembered as Kang, Koloth, Kor...or JETHRO....

 Qapla' batlh je!
      "Success with honour!"

 Qor'etlh valwI'na', buraD tuq, Duy'a' tlhIngan wo'
 Klingon Ambassadorial Residence, Washington D.C. Terra, UFP
 http://homeworld.klingonempire.net
 [email protected]
 [email protected]
 http://www.qnis.net/~klingon/Spirit_of_Kronos/