tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 03 23:39:08 2001

Humanmo' mu'qaD veS (was: Re: Time Machine)

batlh ghItlhta' Worf, Son of Mogh (Worf Rozhenko) quv:
>Reminds me of one of my favorite songs (I've posted it at
>http://worf.dyndns.org/spock-time_machine.mp3) -
>
>I'm lost in a time machine
>All alone with a black, blank screen
>I'm lost in a time machine

tagha' bomvetlh vIlI'ta'. HaghmoH. Hov leng lutmey law' qelba' ghomvam'e',
bomtaHvIS. "not tlhIngan yIvoq" bom'e' luqon je. tlhInganpu' nuSba'mo',
mu'qaD veSHeyvamvaD jangnIS tlhIngan Hol lo'bogh vay' bomwI'. toH,
jIjanglaH, Humanpu' vItIchtaHvIS.

I finally downloaded that song. It was funny. That group sings about a lot
of Star Trek things, don't they? They also recorded "Never Trust a Klingon".
I thought, since they're making fun of Klingons, that someone from the
Klingon community should reply in a kind of mu'qaD veS format against the
humans.

--------------------- mu'qaD lutagh ---------------------

"Never Trust A Klingon"
by S.P.O.C.K., 1992

Chorus:
Never ever never trust a Klingon
You will always regret it
Never ever never trust a Klingon
You will never forget it

The Klingon bastards flies around
Always ready for some war
They don't care about any rules at all
As long as they could kill some more
Evil barbarians without discipline
Unpredictiable death machine

Repeat chorus

With their cloaking device they remain invisible
Until the time has come
To appear right ahead of us
And obliterate everyone
If you ever would give them a helping hand
You can be sure they'll chop of the arm

Repeat chorus

They're cruel,
They're mean,
They're bad,
And they're ugly.
They're evil, vicious, ruthless bastards,
And they stink.

Repeat chorus

--------------------- ghIq lujanglu' ---------------------

"not Human yIyeqtaH"
qonta' ghuy'Do, tera' DIS 2001

[bommu' wa'DIch:]
not not not Human yIyeqtaH.
reH wanI''e' DaqeHbej.
not not not Human yIyeqtaH.
not wanI''e' DatI'bej.

Dat puvtaH Human petaQpu',
Hoch 'eb quvHa'mo' jeSrup.
reH pabmey 'utbe' chenmoHlI',
pay' chaH mIpmoHlaHchugh Dup.
batlh lughovbe', Sun luHutlh
lI'be'bogh qoH DIvI'.

[bommu' wa'DIch tIbomqa']

qepmey DalDaq tojmeH gharlI',
ghIq nab boQochbogh lura':
pe'vIl woQDaj vuvmoHta'DI',
jIj, SIbI' 'e' lulay'Ha'.
batlh SunoDchu'meH boqaDchugh,
HeSqoqrajmo' lIpum.

[bommu' wa'DIch tIbomqa']

pujbej,
tunbej,
qabbej,
'ej moHbej.
mIgh, qur, 'ej 'up taHqeqvetlh,
'ej bolbej.

[bommu' wa'DIch tIbomqa']

[pItlh]

And for the benefit of the beginners, a translation (tho not nearly as
poetic as the original Klingon).

"Never Cooperate with a Human"
by Guido, 2001

[chorus]
Never ever ever cooperate with a human.
You will definitely regret the event.
Never ever ever cooperate with a human.
You will definitely never recover from the event.

The human p'etakh's are flying everywhere,
They're ready to participate due to any dishonorable opportunity.
They're always making up unnecessary rules,
If the strategy will make them suddenly wealthy.
They don't recognize honor, they have no discipline,
The useless organization of fools.

[repeat chorus]

In boring meetings they conduct deceptive diplomacy,
Then they order up a disagreeable plan:
After they force respect for their authority,
They immediately betray their promise of cooperation.
If you challenge them by honorable retaliation,
They'll allege false crimes against you.

[repeat chorus]

They're quite weak,
They're quite soft,
They're quite bad,
And they're quite ugly.
They're evil, greedy, and disgusting, those T'ax'keks,
And they drool.

So there.

Andrew H. Strader

Back to archive top level