tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 01 08:18:24 2001

Re: Barge of the Dead.

> I've never posted here before, so I hope I'm doing it correctly.

Hello qIraq, I am DloraH, the current Beginners' Grammarian.  Did you just join
recently or have you been lingering in the shadows for a while?
You did it correctly; also, if you want to flag your message with KLBC at the
beginning of the subject, that let's everyone know that as a beginner's
message, I look at it and comment first.  That way you're not being overwhelmed
by answers, some which could be from other beginners (with good intention) and
could be incorrect information.  That by no means makes me a god; I am simply a
guide.  After I reply then others may.

> My question
> is this:  Would Barge of the Dead be translated as Heghpu'wI' Duj
> (vessel of those who have died)?

That is certainly one way of translating it.
Here's an interesting twist that doesn't translate easily into english, what
about those poor lads that are Heghta'wI'?
Was be'lanna dead in that episode?  I recall she was in the process of dying.
So you might be able to use just HeghwI' Duj, or HeghlI'wI' Duj, or maybe just
Hegh Duj - Barge of Death (Hegh is a noun also).

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level