tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 25 14:54:38 2001

RE: KLBC: bIng

> <Look down!>
>
> mu'meyvam vImugh 'e' vInID 'ach DuHmey law' vItu'.
> tIlaD 'ej vuDlIj HIja'. (That last bit sounds like an
> order but I would you be willing to lend your assistance
> to someone who pleads in Klingon?!  ;-)

The proper way is to give it as an order.

> 1/ bIng yIlegh!
> 2/ bIngDaq yIlegh!
> 3/ SoH bIng yIlegh!
> 4/ bInglIj yIlegh!
> 5/ ?

KGT p24 explains that the standard way to work with possession with words
like bIng is to use pronouns instead of suffixes.  The Sakrej region,
however, does use the suffixes.

The sentences you have are valid depending on the precise meaning you want.

> mu'tlhegh vIghItlhmeH mu'meyvam vIpoQ.
> <Look down at that cloud!> 'oH mu'tlheghvam'e'.
> chay' 'oH vIghItlhlaH?

bIng 'engvetlh yIlegh - "See that cloud of the area below"

> context/ghu': muD Duj chaHtaH jatlhwI'pu'.

The speakers are planes?  Perhaps the verb lIgh "ride".
muD Duj lIgh(taH) jatlhwI'pu'.

> Dat 'engmey law' tu'lu'. wa' 'engDaq SIqqang jatlhwI' wa'.

SIqqang?  He's willing to point at the cloud?  I wouldn't expect a -qang
here.

> 1/ ? 'engvam yIlegh. bIng 'oHtaH.
> 2/ ? bIng 'engvam yIlegh.
> 3/ ? bIngmaj 'engvam yIlegh.
> 4/ ? maH bIng 'engvam yIlegh.
> 5/ ? bIngDaq yIlegh. 'engvam yIlegh.
> 6/

All are valid depending on meaning.
I would use 2 or 4.  #4 places the cloud more directly beneath, but then you
probably wouldn't see it, unless you had windows in the floor.
Another option, bIng 'oHtaHbogh 'eng'e' yIlegh.  This isn't necessarily
better, just another way.

Over all, I would choose  bIng 'engvetlh yIlegh.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level