tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 19 19:48:22 2001

RE: Dragon Naturally Speaking

The work done by Dragon Systems was for the "Star Trek: Klingon" CD game.
They built a Klingon speech recognition system.  You listen to a recording
of a Klingon word, speak that word back into the system, and it rates your
pronunciation.  The recognition was based on a database of speaker profiles;
a bunch of us went to their offices and recited a long list of Klingon words
into their computers.

Unfortunately, it only performs recognition, and only one-word recognition
of a pre-selected set of Klingon words.  It does not do text-to-speech
synthesis.

--Holtej 'utlh

tlhIngan-Hol Mailing List FAQ

Back to archive top level