tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 04 00:07:18 2001

Re: onomatopeia

ghunchu'wI',  HIqIm!
mughtaHghachlIj mu' lutvam  chonobchugh vItIvqu'.
Dap mu' wab  bomvam vIparHa'.
*stage-Daq tlhInganqoq  bomwI'qoq  vIData'. (believe me, if I was
describing singing, the suffix -qoq is entirely inadequate. Here I refer
to recitation)
 HenrI'  vaghDIch  pIlmoHbogh  vIqon'bogh  mu'mey  vImuch.  thlIngan Hol
mu'mey 'oHbe'. (Klingonified, but in English)
'Once more into the breach'  vIqonqa'. DaH *rhymes.

pIl'o'
ps: the whole concept of Poetry Slams seems....so...Klingon!

>We don't have any "official" transcribed non-words that I know of.
>However, I used {tlhIqtlheq} in my Klingon rendition of _Jabberwocky_
>without any particular qualms.
>
>-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level