tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 29 14:41:36 2001

Re: Klingon Linguist Immortalised On Film

>From: [email protected]
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Re: Klingon Linguist Immortalised On Film
>Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:30:26 -0400 (EDT)
>
> > (Hmm...how would you say "cool" in Klingon? Dun (it is wonderful) and
>pov
> > (it is excellent) might work. maj or majQa' might work too. Although,
>since
> > "cool" is slang, maybe the Klingon word should be slang too, in which
>case
> > I'd say qu'.)
>
>chong  is another option. (KGT)
>

>DloraH

Sort of, but (chong) as slang, is usually used as an adjective to refer to
someone's intellect, meaning something like "profound." (qu') seems to refer
to excellence of any kind. (As exclamations, they both seem to have the same
or similar meaning.) Also, (qu') is described as being extremely common
among Klingons, like the word "cool" is among Terrans. Well, American
Terrans, at least. Plus, the two words sound similar. So I thought that
(qu') would be a better analogue for "cool" than the other words.