tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 29 10:17:12 2001

Klingon Linguist Immortalised On Film

(full article at http://www.trektoday.com/news/290501_03.shtml)

Not many linguists get a chance to have their features used as a basis for a cartoon character, but that's exactly what happened to the creator of the Klingon language, Marc Okrand.

Okrand was called upon by Disney to create an Atlantean language for their upcoming animated feature, 'Atlantis: The Lost Empire.' However, Okrand quickly found out that he had other, more cosmetic, uses, as he became a model for the main character, Milo Thatch.

"When I first met animator John Pomeroy, he said, 'I hope it doesn't bother you, but I'm going to be drawing sketches when I talk to you. You're the only linguist I've ever met, so I don't know what they look like or how they behave,'" Okrand told USA Today (via the SciFi Wire).    ....

==
  *** Joel Anderson * http://www.MrKlingon.org *****
  **   QI'tu' Holmey ghot Holmey je vIlo'chugh,   **
  **'ach parmaq  vIghajbe'chugh, vaj jIchuSchoHqu'**

Sign up for FREE email from MrKlingon.org at http://www.MrKlingon.org
    qatlh tlhIngan Hol Dajatlhbe'? * Why NOT say it in Klingon?

Back to archive top level