tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 25 13:49:15 2001

qonwI' mu'tlhegh (Re: KLBC: Grammer questions)

lab qonwI'

>        How about --this-- one?  :)
> >Before the battle has ended, the gunner will fall unconscious.
>        rInpa' may', vul baHwI'.

Look up vul again.  It doesn't speak of the transition between being
unconscious and not, it is merely "be unconscious".  You need something
else to indicate that the gunner WILL FALL UNCONSCIOUS.  The same note
applies to the following sentence.

> >After the battle has ended, the gunner will regain consciousness.
>       rInDI' may', vulHa' baHwI'.

>From your Klingon sentence, I get the idea that the gunner will regain
consciousness as soon as the battle ends.  To translate the English more
fully, I would use the perfective, "rInpu'DI' may' ..."  i.e. sometime
after the finishing of the battle is complete.

> >The soldiers have individual life support systems, so they live on.
>          yIntaghmey ghaj negh, vaj yIntaH.

I was thinking of yIntaghHommey, but that's because to my mind "yIntagh"
represents the life support system for a whole ship, so one for an
individual soldier would be a yIntaghHom.  Hmmm.  Too bad yIntagh doesn't
appear on the BoP poster.  You could also have used -mo' in this sentence.

Qov

Back to archive top level