tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 20 18:19:59 2001

Re: yoShommey

ja' Quvar:
>A friend of mine asked me if there's a way to say that something is
>spotted, speckled or mottled. Like a Tiger perhabs, he didn't tell me no
>context.

There's only one place I can remember "spots" being mentioned in Klingon,
but it doesn't really make a lot of sense.  In the DS9 episode "Soldiers of
the Empire", the red-headed Klingon engineer teases one of her crewmates
after Jadzia Dax startles him:

  Ros-te-ka cha'Domak ootha Trill?

The intended meaning of the line is "Did you think her spots were going to
bite you?"  Maybe there's a Klingon noun *{DIl} or something meaning
"spots" -- or maybe it's just Paramount Dap motlh.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level