tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 17 16:11:14 2001

Re: When writing Klingon fiction...

Regarding the difference between <<quv>> and <<batlh>>; I believe Voragh may
be right in distinguishing them as "personal" honour versus "general"
honour. His post reminded me of a text I have: a Klingon version of the myth
of Kahless, Morav/Morath (I'm unsure of the spelling) and Gekla
<<ghetlh'aH>>. Whenever <<quv>> is used, it is used in the construction
<<quvHa'>> or <<quvHa'ghach>>, "be dishonoured" and "dishonour". So I'd
agree, because these words generally refer to single people (Kahless and
Morav/Morath in the story), and <<batlh>> is only used to refer to general
honour, right at the beginning. qatlho', Voragh!

Qapla' 'ej Satlho'

ro'Han