tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 15 10:54:57 2001

re: More questions (was Re: *Paramount* chaw')

Qov:
> ngaQ means "be locked"
> Therefore ngaQwI' means 'a thing that is locked' or 'the locked one.'
> ngaQbe'wI' is 'the unlocked one'.
> e.g.
> ngaQbe'wI' vISampa',  Soch lojmIt vIpoSmoH 'e' vInID.
> "I tried to open seven doors, before I found the one that wasn't
locked."

charghwI'
> Ahhh, but is the unlocked door the 7th one or the 8th one? Your
> Klingon and English versions are equally ambiguous.

SaH 'Iv?  pab chang'eng.  jInep.  roD Hoch lojmItmey vIpoSmoHmeH SIbI'
vIpup.  ram ngaQchugh pagh ngaQbe'chugh.  :)

I understood the question as being more about how to use -wI' than the
search for the least ambiguous way to describe the thingy that one uses
to get doors open.  I vot for DaS.