tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 09 10:21:43 2001

RE: Expelling Ambiguity

> I feel certain that the position of a time reference at the
> beginning of a
> sentence is mentioned by Okrand somewhere, but I don't have my
> books with me
> when I'm at work!  Does anyone know what the source is?

I don't have the book with me at work either.  It's in the syntax
section of the addendum to TKD.  Something to the effect of '... we now
know more about the requirement of adverbs to come at the beginning of
a sentence, what is actually happening is that they precede the main
part of the sentence but can follow a word indicating a time.' That's
nowhere near an exact quote.

(yaHwIj Sovbogh nuvpu''e' vIbItHa'nISmoH: yaHwIjDaq jIHbe'taH - lenHom vItIv).

=====
Qov - pab 'utlh
bI*yahoo* pagh bI*yahoo*be': jISaHbe' jIH.