tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 06 08:44:56 2001

Re: KLBC: Grammer questions

From: "Qov" <[email protected]>
> At the very beginning of a clause comes information about the time, manner
> and location of the action.  That means time expressions like "today" or
> "in the morning, most adverbs, and any noun or noun phrase with a type-5
> suffix other than -'e'.

If I might jump in with a comment on my favorite "topic" of the moment (I
didn't plan that joke--really!), there's really no reason to exclude nouns
with the /-'e'/ suffix from being able to exist in the "header" space of
sentences.  We even have at least one example (qIbDaq SuvwI''e' SoH Dun law'
Hoch Dun puS--Star Trek 5).  If you've got a topic noun that doesn't fit in
as subject or object, throw it in the "header" space you're talking about
here.

SuStel
Stardate 1346.1

Back to archive top level