tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 30 15:13:29 2001

How to say....?

Folks

I'm trying to formulate something for qep'a' and right now I feel like
its a good job I've given my self a lot of time....

I want to be able to say something like

* because you were travelling (too) fast, you need to hand over your
cargo *

The last bit I think is easy as

jIHvaD teplIj yInob : Give me your cargo!

But the first bit has me jiggered.

I initially intended to say "you were travelling over the maximum
permitted speed."

I can't find a verb 'be fast' or 'be quick' only an adverbial for
quickly (nom)

if we had a 'be fast' it would be possible to make a law'/puS but I
think thats still not the best idea.

It would have been okay I think to say

DujlIj *be fast*ta'mo' chut DaHeQbe'. jIHvaD teplIj yInob

I make this,

'because your vessel travelled quickly, you did not comply with the
law. You must give me your cargo.

Of course, I am still working on the faulty assumption we have a verb
'be fast' and I assume I can't use nom in here as it would need to go
at the front and can't take verb suffixes (?)

You can probably see my brain hurts by now so any assistance from
anyone would be appreciated.

Back to archive top level