tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 18 12:39:11 2001

RE: jImuvta'

David said:

> Nice to meet you all

Welcome to the list, David! I'm taD, the current Beginner's Grammarian. It's
my job to help beginners here with Klingon. You can add the letters "KLBC"
to your subject line whenever you want me to check your work, or if you have
a question about how to say something in Klingon. If possible, you should
also include what you were trying to say, in English. This will make it
easier for me to make sure that you say what you are trying to say.

Your subject line, {jImuvta'}, means "I have joined". Assuming that this is
what you wanted to say, it's fine and has no problems.
If you wanted to be specific, you could say what you have joined. Often,
we'll use the phrase {jabbI'IDghom} ("data transmission group") to refer to
this mailing list, so you could use that.

Qapla'.

- taD