tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 14 20:36:00 2001

RE: bIQ: KLBC

Matthew said:

> I think this is fairly simple to figure out it's
> meaning.
>
> bIQ vIghup.

"I swallow water."
No problem here.

> Could this be used to make fun of oneself?

Klingons generally consider water "weak", and according to KGT, "drinking
anything is better than drinking water". So, your phrase definitely is
strange for a Klingon to say, and could be looked at as making fun of
yourself.  It probably would be comparable to boasting "I'm a wimp!" in
English. I'm sure that if you said it in front of Klingons, they'd look at
you strangely.

- taD