tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 12 18:17:26 2001

Philadelphia qepHom - Directions

I will be hosting a qepHom on Sunday, March 25th, in Philadelphia. The
qepHom will begin at 1:00 pm, and will be held at "Atomic City" (formerly
Showcase Comics), located at 640 South Street, in Philadelphia.

The following driving directions have been provided by one of the owners of
Atomic City / Showcase Comics.:

>From I-95 South:
1. Take COLUMBUS BLVD./WASHINGTON AVE. Exit on RIGHT, Exit 16 .
2. Turn LEFT at the "T" intersection onto COLUMBUS BLVD./DELAWARE AVENUE.
4. Take THE FIRST LEFT onto WASHINGTON AVENUE, which is at a traffic light
with a shopping mall on the left.

(If you miss the turn, don't panic.  Take the next LEFT at the next light
onto Christian Street, and keep following the directions)

6.  Turn RIGHT at 7th Street.
7.  At the five way intersection, stay to the left of the cheesesteak shop.
7.  Pass Bainbridge Street.
8.  Turn NEXT RIGHT at SOUTH ST..
9.  Go 1/3 of a block.  Parking should be wide open.  Look for "Showcase
Comics" on the right (640 South Street).
10. If parking is a problem, take any left and go up a block to Lombard
Street, then turn left to find more spaces.  These are 2 Hour spaces.

>From I-95 North:
1.   Merge onto DELAWARE EXWY.
2.   DELAWARE EXWY becomes I-95 S.
3.   Take the I-676/US-30 exit, exit number 17, towards CENTRAL
PHILA/INDEPENDENCE HALL.
4.   Keep RIGHT at the fork in the ramp.
5.   Turn RIGHT onto CALLOWHILL ST.
6.   Turn LEFT onto N 6TH ST.
7.   Turn RIGHT onto LOMBARD ST.
8.   Turn LEFT onto S 8TH ST.
9.   Turn NEXT LEFT onto SOUTH ST.
10.  Go 1 1/3 blocks; "Showcase Comics" will be on the right (640 South
Street).  Parking should be open.
  If parking is a problem, take any left and go one block back up to Lombard
Street.  Turn left and circle.

>From the PA Turnpike:
1.   Take the I-676 E/US-30 E exit, exit number 38, on the left towards
CENTRAL PHILADELPHIA.
2.   Merge onto VINE ST EXWY.
3.   Take the exit towards BROAD STREET/CENTRAL PHILA.
4.   Keep RIGHT at the fork in the ramp.
5.   Turn RIGHT onto N 15TH ST.

If you miss the exit, don't panic.  Take the 8TH STREET EXIT and keep
following these directions.

6.  Stay straight until SOUTH STREET. (If you see Bainbridge Street, you
have gone too far.)
7.  Turn left, and stay on SOUTH ST..
8.  Just past 7th Street, "Showcase Comics" will be on the right.  Parking
shouldn't be a problem.
If parking is a problem, take any left and go for one block.  Turn left onto
Lombard Street and look for a space.

IF YOU NEED QUARTERS FOR PARKING METERS, "SHOWCASE COMICS" WILL GLADLY
REIMBURSE YOU.

Showcase Comics (215) 625-9613

Back to archive top level