tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 09 18:23:18 2001

Re: QaH vIneH (KBLC)

lab qoraQ Doqetlh puqloD

> I am also considered the best
>
> A friend of mine put the task to me to translate the phrase  "Shut-up
> terran, or I kick you to next dimension!"  The fist part of this phrase is
> of course fairly simple.  But I am having some problems with the second
> part.  I know that the second half of this is badly worded but that is the
> way that she wants it done.

bImIy DaneHchugh, laHlIj yI'ang, qoreQ.  yInID.  mu'tlheghlIj Damugh 'e'
DanIDDI' DuQaHlaH *taD*.

Some hints:
1. Be sure to consider the canon translation of "surrender or die" (TKD
Appendix).
2. Your friend will likely accept "parallel universe" for "next dimension".
3. Remember (TKD 6.1) that a clause indication location (or in this case
direction) must precede the clause it refers to.

Qov

Back to archive top level