tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 02 00:39:08 2001

Re: KLBC: 'ol

ja' David <[email protected]>:

>DaH megh wISop...
>It's time for lunch...
>
>Questions:
>1. Is there a better way to indicate that it's time to do
>something in {tlhIngan Hol}?

Maybe {DaH megh wISopnIS} or {...SopnISlu'}?  I might say something like
{qaSchoH megh poH} or {tagh megh poH}.  But I think your way works fine.

There are some idiomatic phrases which might be appropriate in certain
contexts, like {vIHtaH gho}, perhaps signifying a lunch break.  I think
{pum 'etlh} could also be understood as meaning that a specific time has
arrived.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level