tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 23 02:24:14 2001

qung "pun"

We have all become aware that Dr. MO likes to play with this wonderful
language and has used LOTS of puns.  Even Spanish has contributed {pa' reD}.
Chinese has already contributed {lung}.

{qung} = hole in Chinese as well as in Klingon.  For example, {bi-kong} is
the nostril hole.  While {qung} applies only to holes altering the sound of a
musical instrument, I would not be at all surprised if MO has used yet
another Chinese root to give us the word {qung}.  MO certainly speaks
Chinese; Pam and I have had a conversation with him in Chinese.

Plus, I have the sneaking suspicion that MO likes his word {tlhon} quite a
lot.

peHruS

Back to archive top level