tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 06 13:23:47 2001

RE: KLBC A New Cook, again

p'an said:

	I apologize for sendiing a "bald" message.
	Please will you review the following sentances.
	p'an

	vutwI' chu' wISamnIS
	tlhIb vutwI'vam
	qurghmey meQ
	tlhorghHa'bej ghevI'Daj uSu'Daj je

maj.

	bIQ rur tlhIq

The English version says "his stew", not just "the stew". Depending on the
context, you probably don't need {-Daj} ("his/her") every time you use "his"
in the English. However, in this case, you may want to add it.

	reH gagh HoH jab

{HoH} is defined as "kill" and not "be dead", so we can't use it as an
adjective.
Instead, if you use {Hegh} ("die") as a verb with the type-9 verb suffix
{-bogh}, you could say that he always serves "gagh which has died".

	marwI'Daq warjun chagh vutwI' Soy'
	nachDajDaq chaghnIS

maj. And you even used one of our new vocab words!
mu'tay' chu'Daq qID Datu'pu''a'?

	We need to find a new cook
	This cook is incompetent
	He burned the beans.
	His sauce for gagh and sauce for gladst are certainly bland.
	His stew resembles water.
	He always serves dead gagh.
	The clumsy cook dropped the chopper on his big toe.
	He needs to drop it on his head.

- taD

Back to archive top level