tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 31 12:03:32 2001

Hixkaryana and Klingon

One of the most done questions about Klingon is what languages (if any) used Okrand to build it. As far as I know the comparison between Klingon and Hixkaryana has been limited to the order OVS that both languages share. Recently I read a book that discuss another unusual trait of Klingon: comparatives and superlatives. Here you have the reference and an example of comparison in Hixkaryana:

STASSEN, L. (1985): "Comparison and Universal Grammar", Oxford, Basil Blackwell.

kaw-ohra naha Waraka, kaw nah Kaywere
tall-not he's Waraka, tall he's Kaywere
Kaywere is taller than Waraka

--ghaHbe'wI'