tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 02 23:13:57 2001

Re: Klingon WOTD: boj (v)

In a message dated 1/1/2001 2:37:48 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> (Since {vIng} hasn't been used in canon, it may actually refer to a
> mechanical noise.)

That's what I first assumed.  Then a couple of the "experts" on the listserv
began using it as if "a person whines."

My point is:  we often do not know just how MO thought when producing the
words.  When I used {tet} in a story, I admitted that I did not know if it
should be transitive or intransitive and used it transitively with that
disclaimer.

My next point is:  I wish MO would use every word in at least three
sentences.  I do not look forward to this happening; I just wish it would.

peHruS

Back to archive top level