tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 02 11:22:08 2001

(KLBC) 2 coordinated Type 5 Suffixes

Now I ask you a very simple question. Perhaps I'm trying to apply Indo-European syntax to tlhIngan Hol, but in another non-IE languages I know (Basque and Arabic) the same situation happens.

Here you have 2 sample sentences, where 2 {-mo'} and {-vaD} are coordinated by a {je}:

1a. Qaghmajmo' Qapla'chajmo' je nujey romuluSnganpu'
2a. lurSa'vaD be'etorvaD je nab QIj romuluSngan

What happens if I delete 1 repetitive suffix but I keep the coordinating {je}?

1b. Qaghmaj Qapla'chajmo' je nujey romuluSnganpu'
2b. lurSa' be'etorvaD je nab QIj romuluSngan

Do these sentences make sense? What do you think?

--ghaHbe'wI'

http://www.latinmail.com.  Gratuito, latino y en espaņol.

Back to archive top level