tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 22 16:53:50 2001

Re: KLBC (Qun)

ja' Joel Anderson <[email protected]>:
>"joH'a'" still seems reasonable, in the context of the Biblical usage,
>particularly Hebrew scriptures, considering that the tetragrammaton in
>Hebrew scriptures is not a generic term like "god", but a name, usually
>translated as LORD in English translations.

Not only in translations -- it's pronounced as "our lord" in Hebrew as
well.  But keep in mind that {joH'a'} is probably appropriate *only* in
such a monotheistic context.  {Qun} is the better choice for other
mythologies.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level