tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 22 11:12:04 2001

re: HochlIj waw'pu' maH wIghaj

I can understand why this writer chose to remain anonymous. The Klingon is
REALLY BAD. The subject header is impenetrable gibberish. I'm guessing it
was supposed to be {Hoch waw'meylIj DIjeyta'}

Perhaps we should report them as making "inappropriate use" of the
anonymous Email.

> From: Anonymous <[email protected]>
> Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 02:54:03 +0100
> Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.It
> was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.Please report
> problems or inappropriate use to theremailer administrator at
> <[email protected]>.

> jar cha'SaD wa'vatlh wa'Daq
> taghtaH veS

A year is not a place. It doesn't take {Daq}. {taghtaH} is an interesting
verb and suffix combination worthy of philosophical exploration. Likely,
{taghtaH veS} suffers from word order reversal, since most likely {veS} is
the process which is begun and not the entity beginning an unnamed process.

> HoD: nuq qaS?

Reversed word order.

> yaS: jorwI' macherbeHlu'pu'

{ma-lu'} is a meaningless combination of affixes. The {-beH} requires that
the subject of the verb is a device. I'm guessing that the intended text
was something like {jorbeH jan. wIcherta'.}

> yaS: marI'lu'

Again, {ma-lu'} is gibberish. {wIrI'lu'}.

> HoD: nuq !
> yaS: chu' jIH'a'

I'm guessing the word order is wrong. {jIH'a' chu'} could be clipped for
{jIH'a' yIchu'!} Right now, it means something like "The major display
engages (something)."

> HoD: SoH !!
> CATS: nuqneH qaHpu'
> CATS: HochlIj waw'pu' maH wIghaj

Gibberish.

> CATS: QIH DaghoS

This is perhaps an interesting way of saying, "You are on the path to
distruction."

> HoD: Dajatlh nuq !!

Either this is a direct quote to the effect of: "You say it, 'What?'" or
the word order or prefix is hosed. Better to just say {nuqjatlh?}

> CATS: DuHbe' SutaH poHraj yIta'

More jibberish. I see three main verbs in one sentence with no grammar to
explain it. The general sense is something like {SutaHlaHbe'.} Note that
the speaker keeps slipping back and forth between talking to an individual
and a group.

> CATS: HA HA HA HA
> HoD: Hoch "zig" yIteq

"Take off each zig!"? This is perfectly grammatical and meaningless.

> HoD: nuq bota' boSov

More gibberish. Two main verbs and a question word as direct object with no
grammar to hold them together. Wild guess here: {nuq bota'pu'?} "What have
you accomplished?"

> HoD: "zig" vIH

"A moving zig"?

> HoD: ruv'a'vaD

Great justice is the indirect object of a missing sentence.

SarrIS

Back to archive top level