tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 21 03:52:18 2001

RE: KLBC: qoraQ (was RE: HuD vItoS)

> qoraQ Doqetlh puqloD:
> > I am also very uncertain as to what this e-mail list is all about.  I
> have
> > never seen anything like this before, and am quite disconcerted as to
> what
> > is going on.  It is very confusing not knowing what is going on.  I am
> not
> > sure what the heck I am supposed to do when half the time I am not sure
> what
> > the heck is being said.  Am I supposed to sit down with my TKD?  Or just
>
> > hope that I start to get it by ossmosis?  In other words.
> > HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I think that I am going insane.  Anything would be
> > nice.

Welcome to the list, qoraQ! I'm taD, the current Beginner's Grammarian. It's
my job to help beginners here with Klingon. You can add the letters "KLBC"
to your subject line whenever you want me to check your work, or if you have
a question about how to say something in Klingon. If you're a little unsure
whether you said something properly in Klingon, you can also include what
you were trying to say, in English. This will make it easier for me to make
sure that you say what you are trying to say.

As others have already mentioned, you don't need to follow everything that
is said on the list. There are two types of messages that are sent here -
messages in Klingon regarding anything, and messages in English regarding
the Klingon language. For now, you can focus on the second kind of message.
However, you might want to read the other emails that are marked as "KLBC"
also. These messages are usually not long, and are from beginners like you.
The Beginner's Grammarian (right now, that's me) will reply to the KLBC
messages with answers and comments - although it may take a couple days for
me to write a response, since I'm a busy college student too! :-) Feel free
to read my responses, and ask questions if there is something that you don't
understand.

There's a list of frequently asked questions at this website:

For learning the Klingon language, another good resource is the free Klingon
postal course, which you can take by normal mail. You can find more
information on it at the following website:
/study/postcourse.html

Qapla'

- taD

Back to archive top level