tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 18 12:39:18 2001

Re: Gary and Mike

SuSvaj  jatlh:
> Last week the Gary and Mike episode with the "Klingon" dialogue
aired.
> I taped the segment, and some of it sounds like Hol.
 < KLIP >
> This is the best transcription I could come up with.
> He asks her if she would like to see the Star Trek
> Experience there in Las Vegas to which she replies:

> jee grath choo.  jee vacho: "I would love to go."

jIghatlhchu'
"I Dominate it perfectly"
Used much as the modern slang "I'm all over that." or "I'm on top of
that."
It is quirky modern slang, but understandable, in context.

> tinkoo khol dajata "Holy Crap!  You speak Klingon?"

tInqu'!  Hol Dajatlh'a'?

> kishlakee "Fluently!"

HISlaH 'e'
"Yes, (I do) it" [sic: "fluently!].

It is Clipped, and somewhat ungramatical, but understandable.

> I guess it's good news for the Star Trek experience.
> It's become such a draw that even the hookers have felt the need to
learn Klingon.
> Although not very well.
> The second line is passable for "tInqu'!  Hol Dajatlh'a'?"
> But the rest looks made up.

> SuSvaj

I think they had some help from someone who knows the language, and
knows where to bend the rules, much as any Hooker might render her
English; Not well, but enough to get the 'job' done.

     Qapla' batlh je!
Qor'etlh valwI'na', buraD tuq, Sogh ra'wI', Duj SIS ro', tlhIngan wo'
may' yo'
http://members.theglobe.com/Qoretlh/ , [email protected]
Duy'a' Hurghleng, chaq jIlughbe', 'ach reH Qor'etlh jIH!   }};-]

Back to archive top level