tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 12 11:05:24 2001

Re: chay' pIm {-be'} {-Ha'} je

>And if that assumption were correct, {nontaHneSbe'bogh no'lI'
>lommey rur} would mean, "it resembles your ancestors' corpses
>which continue to be rotten, your dis-honour".  The honour/dishonour
>is still being applied to the listener, not to the listener's
>ancestors' corpses, which is what you indicated you wanted.

DaH vIyajchoH. wanI'vammo' qatlho'. It's similar to the rude & polite forms
of Japanese verbs.

Klingon: manabtaHvIS qaS yIn.
Láadan:  Bíidi shóo wí obée dodúhin nen yothenan wi.
Latin:   Dum excogitamus vita contingit.
Bezdis:  pos radúx zhepól'p.
English: Life happens while we are busy making plans.

Back to archive top level