tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 06 17:40:32 2001

Re: Simpsons

The fun's not ruined yet.  Captioning is done by a private company, NOT
by anyone associated with the show.  The typist undoubtedly just wrote
down what they were hearing, much the same as we have been doing here.

QIS

Patrick Masterson wrote:

> Sorry to ruin all this Simpsons-translating fun, but unfortunately the
> "Klingon" the Comic Book Guy said wasn't Klingon. I watch with the closed
> captioning on, (I'm not deaf, I just like being able to read what's being
> said) and the caption shows the nonsensical "Garlll dak!" Apparently the
> producers figured they could pass off any guttutal-sounding utterance as
> Klingon. But we know better, don't we?

Back to archive top level