tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 04 01:38:06 2001

Hixkaryana and Klingon

>Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:03:12 -0500
>To: [email protected]
>From: Nicolau Rodrigues <[email protected]>
>Subject: Hixkaryana and Klingon

>Recently I read a book that discuss another unusual trait of Klingon:
>comparatives and superlatives. Here you have the reference and an example of
>comparison in Hixkaryana:

>kaw-ohra naha Waraka, kaw nah Kaywere
>tall-not he's Waraka, tall he's Kaywere
>Kaywere is taller than Waraka

That pattern's fairly widespread in the Americas though, isn't it? And
Okrand was an Amerindianist.

    Nick Nicholas, Thesaurus Linguae Graecae.      [email protected]
                           www.tlg.uci.edu/~opoudjis
 "All the nations also under his dominion were filled with joy and
 inexpressible gladness at not being even for a moment deprived of the
 benefits of a well ordered government."
    --- Eusebius of Caesaria on the accession of Constantine I.

Back to archive top level