tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 23 23:37:07 2001

RE: Explicit language warning

> nuqneH,

nuq vIneH jIH?
jIQoj vIneH.  tInbogh juH chu' vIneH.  tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' vIneH.

Caution, nuqneH doesn't mean "hello".

> I was told once that the worst thing you could encounter during a Con,
> is to be confronted by a female Klingon warrior with PMS.
>
> I know that a female warrior is vajbe' ,

Curious; where do you know this from?
be' SuvwI' - Female warrior (two words, not one word)

SuvwI' is warrior when refering to a specific person.
vaj is warrior when you are not refering to a specific person.

be' vaj - female warrior (in the general sense)(still two words)

We see words like puqbe', but we don't know if we can use this method with
other words.

> but how would I translate PMS?

We don't know enough about the Klingon body.  Do klingon females go through
PMS?

But, putting that question aside and sticking with the fun...
Because we don't have the specific terms for this kind of stuff, the best we
could probably do is give a description.

nbp - naSlI'bogh be' poH - the period of time of a woman which is being
vicious.

Maybe a female (someone with experience) can come up with something better.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level