tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 20 19:38:56 2001

Re: -pu' on second verb

>  DuraS tuq tlhIngan yejquv patlh luDub 'e' reH lunIDtaH DuraS
>   be'nI'pu' lurSa' be'etor je.

I'm confused. Is it now appropriate to put the adverbial after 'e'? We've
been doing it the other way for so long now, and it always sounded so
elegant. The fact that our canon sources are so disparate is not helping the
situation. I checked on Zrajm's Klingon Akademien, but I couldn't find a
reference for it. Despite the ECP and numerous noble attempts at compiling
all the new words and grammar, where do we stand?

Andrew H. Strader
  Currently on quote hiatus; stay tuned.
  http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~strader

Back to archive top level