tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 20 17:33:44 2001

Re: Klingon WOTD: cha'pujqut (n)

: Klingon word:   cha'pujqut
: Part of Speech: noun
: Definition:     dilithium crystal

As used in canon:

  cha'pujqutmey vIje' vIneH.
  I want to buy dilithium crystals. PK

  cha'pujqutmey vIje' vIneHbej!
  I DEFINITELY want to buy dilithium crystals! PK

  choH lISbogh Hap'e': cha'pujqut
  Reaction Moderating Element - Crystalline Dilithium. BoPP

N.B. raw or crude dilithium crystal is called {Dom} "radan" [TOS "Elaan of
Troyius"].  Does {Dom} refer to all unprocessed forms of dilithium {cha'puj}:

  cha'puj tlhIlHal vISuch vIneH
  I want to visit the dilithium mines. CK

  cha'puj vIngevmeH chaw' HInobneS
  Give me a permit to sell dilithium, your honor. PK

only to unprocessed crystals {qut} of dilithium in general, or to a specific
type of crude dilithium crystal?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons